Happy birthday to our emo lord, Matty Healy
Today marks a momentous day. No, it’s not a milestone countdown to this year’s Leeds Festival or National Pizza Day – it’s our emo lord and saviour, Matty Healy‘s 30th birthday.
To celebrate the occasion, we’re counting down some of the BEST Matty Healy inspired memes. You should probably save these, you never know when you’re going to need to reply with a Matty.
1. When you’re on your way to this year’s fest
We all know some of you already have that car playlist already finalised.
2. When you start listening to the words in your emotional state
It’s the “but I hate to think about you with somebody else” that really gets you in the feels.
3. May Matty’s curls forever rest in peace
The curls take us back to a simpler time.
4. Matty Healy as Ikea rugs
God bless the Internet for giving us things we never knew we needed to see until now.
5. To be fair, Matty probably does use a typewriter
We’ve all done this at one point.
6. Matty DOES make art, thank you very much
This article is art, don’t even try and deny it.
7. When it takes a hard right in ‘Somebody Else’
F**k that, get money.
8. This is either the best or worst meme we’ve ever seen
We’re going with it anyway.
9. When you need an excuse to get out of something
Feel free to use this excuse when you know you’re going to have a late one.
10. She said….?
Where do we need to start the petition to get Matty on a celebrity version of Who Wants To Be A Millionaire?
11. When you just can’t be dealing with people’s sh*t
Use the Matty push technique.
12. Please cast Matty as an Oompa Loompa
We’d take a whole movie of these victory dances any day.
13. An accurate portrayal of Matty’s mum during pregnancy
Playing Antichrist from the womb.
The 1975 headline the Main Stage on Saturday at this year’s Leeds Festival, they’ll be bringing their entire arena show and more.
Don’t have tickets yet? Time’s pressing on if you want to be there.