FESTIVAL REPUBLIC – CAMPERVAN & CARAVAN TERMS & CONDITIONS
As part of our terms and conditions we do not permit makeshift campervans/caravans on site at our events. Many won’t have sufficient ventilation, water or door separation, and the risk from the gas and fire is an obvious one.
Festival Republic and Department for Transport definition of campervans/caravans –
1. There must be a door that provides access to the living accommodation.
2. A bed, which is an integral part of the living quarters which has a minimum length of 1800mm or 6 feet. This can be converted at night from seats used for other purposes
during the day but must be permanently fixed within the body of the vehicle.
3. There must be a water storage tank or container on or in the vehicle.
4. A seating and dining area, permanently attached to the vehicle. The table may be
detachable but must have some permanent means of attachment to the vehicle. It’s not
good enough to have a loose table.
5. There must be a permanently fixed means of storage, a cupboard, locker or wardrobe.
6. There must be a permanently fixed cooking facility within the vehicle powered by gas or
7. There must be at least one window on the side of the accommodation
Access and use of the campervan area is provided subject to the following Festival Republic Terms and Conditions (T&C’s). Purchasing a permit constitutes your acceptance of these T&C’S
These T&C’S are in addition to the main ticket T&C’S which are provided on the official website and on the back of any Festival Republic Festival ticket.
You will first need to purchase a weekend ticket first for every occupant of the campervan or caravan.
The Campervan Permit is a supplementary pass only, sold per vehicle, which needs to be clearly displayed in the windscreen of your campervan on arrival at the site.
Tickets for these campervan fields are available for an additional fee of £75 in advance (if available, prices will be more on the gate), provided you purchase weekend tickets for the Festival at the same time.
Please ensure you read these carefully and abide by the following:
- Trailer tents are permitted.There will be limited space for ONE tent OR an awning to be erected per campervan/caravan.
- There is NO water or electricity hook available. There will be a water point and waste tank in the campsite for general use.
- All waste-water must be put in the containers provided. It is illegal to pour waste-water onto the ground, into a sump or into a stream. This will be monitored by the Environment Agency.
- Campervan/Caravan ticket holders must use the toilets provided in the campsite and not pollute streams or hedges.
- Please respect The Country Code at all times.
CARS AND ARRIVAL
A windscreen routing sticker will be sent to you with your Campervan/Caravan ticket with travel directions. Please follow these directions as they will get you there quicker than you Sat Nav route. Please note: If you are purchasing a Disabled Access Campervan/Caravan then your campervan pass will be emailed to you.
- Towing vehicles must remain with the caravans, not parked elsewhere. (If you are staying in the Disabled Access Campsite, you will need to move your vehicle to the Disabled Access Car Park)
All vehicles other than towing vehicles must be parked in the car parks.
- No other vehicles will be allowed entry into this field; this includes late replacement vehicles in the case of a breakdown Vehicles cannot be towed onto the field.
- We do not accept campervans/caravans which have been driven down or sited by nonfestivalgoers. This includes staff from hire companies, so please ensure you liaise with them to collect the vehicle off site first.
- No vehicles are to be parked in the fire lanes at any time.
- The designated campervan/caravan area of the site is the only place where ticket holders can sleep in vehicles.
- We do not permit sleeping in cars and security will ask you to leave the car park.
- We do not permit the use of any cylinder stored outside a gas locker over 7kg.
- Cylinders should be stored in the unit’s gas locker.
- Gas cylinders must always be transported and secured in a vertical position, as lying them down may cause liquid LPG to escape through the valve and become a large volume of combustible gas
- Generators and gas cylinders over 7kg in gas weight ARE NOT PERMITTED in this field or anywhere else onsite and will be confiscated.
- Open fires are NOT permitted. Barbecues can be used in these fields, but they must be at least 3m away from any vehicle or structure.
- Anyone resisting confiscation of disallowed items or disregarding the conditions set out in the Tickets Terms and Conditions and additionally the Campervan and Caravan conditions will face eviction.
- No trading of any kind is permitted from campervans/caravans.
- No sound systems are to be operated in the campervan/caravan fields. Anyone found operating such systems may be liable to eviction.
- Excessive amounts of alcohol, food and cigarettes i.e. more than for personal consumption and any alcohol in the possession of anyone under 18 years of age is not permitted.
- No animals other than guide or hearing dogs are permitted on site.
- The fields must be clear by 12:00PM NOON on the Monday. All remaining vehicles will be removed.
- Your vehicle may be searched on entry to the event site.
- The security staff will check for any items not permitted on site, as specified in the Terms & Conditions on weekend tickets. Security staff will confiscate any such items and may refuse entry to the site. The discretion and decision of the security team will be final.